Delivery of Artworks prior to the Art Show is likely to be the busiest day for the team organising the Art Show.
This article describes the important duties of committee members and volunteers assisting on Artwork Delivery Day.
- Delivery Desk is set up with an Artist Folder or File for each Artist containing.
- Inventory Sheet (Artist Copy)
- Inventory Sheet (Committee Copy)
- Statement of Supplier form (if Artist does not have an ABN)
- Temporary Tags for confirmed Artworks
- Logistics Desk is set up with Laptop for Receiving Artworks
1. Delivery Desk - 2 volunteers (or committee members):
i) Artist will arrive at the Delivery Desk with their Artworks
ii) Delivery Desk opens Artist Folder and check off the received Artworks in the Inventory Sheet (Initial both copies as received).
iii) Delivery Desk should check that the Artworks have arrived undamaged.
iv) Delivery Desk attaches the Temporary Tags to the Artwork.
v) Supplier Information
- If the Artist has provided an ABN or has completed a Statement of a Supplier form, the Supplier information is complete.
- If the Artist submission does not hold an ABN and has not completed a Statement of Supplier form, the Delivery Desk provides a blank Statement of a Supplier form to the Artist for completion. Artist will be asked to join the queue with the Logistics Data Entry team with the completed Statement by a Supplier form.
vi) Changes to Artworks
- If there are no changes to the included works, the Inventory Sheets are signed by the Delivery Desk as received.
- If there are changes to the included works, Delivery Desk will hand-write changes on copy of Inventory Sheets Artist will be asked to join the queue with the annotated inventory sheet to the Logistics Data Entry team.
2. Logistics Data Entry Desk - 2 committee members who are familiar with Art Show ASAP procedures:
i) If the SUPPLIER INFORMATION COMPLETE and NO CHANGES to the confirmed Artworks
- The Artist is FREE TO GO.
- Volunteers carry the Artwork works to the appropriate place for the hanging team.
- One copy of the inventory sheet (signed as received) is provided to the Artist as acknowledgment of receipt.
- One copy of the inventory sheet is placed in the EXPRESS IN-TRAY in-tray of the Logistics Data Entry.
- Logistics Data Entry record the Artworks as received.
ii) If the SUPPLIER INFORMATION INCOMPLETE and / or CHANGES to the confirmed Artworks
- The Artist is SHOULD NOT LEAVE TILL CHANGES ARE RECORDED.
- Update changes to ABN details or upload copy of completed Statement by a Supplier form.
- Update changes to the confirmed Artworks
- Print out copy of updated Inventory Sheet for the Artist receipt
- Print out copy of updated Inventory Sheet for the Delivery Team (to be inserted into Artist folder)
3. Hanging Crew - As many volunteers as required - Works best for hanging volunteers to work in pairs:
i) Go to the Delivery Desk to collect Artworks that have:
- Temporary Tages attached
- Recorded Received into the Art Show ASAP web application (All changes recorded)